Currently, the convent is occupied by a community of Augustinian Recollects Barefoot Nuns.
In 1629, this convent was fraudulently founded against the will of the Carmona Chapter. Nonetheless, it was inaugurated in 1748 in a solemn ceremony. The church is profusely decorated in true baroque-style, in particular its main façade, with a double entrance and a tower.
The unfinished main altarpiece is particularly noteworthy, as is the sacristy’s tabernacle made in polychrome wood. In the past, the processions of Our Lady of Grace entered the church through the right entrance and left through the left, crossing in front of the choir, where the nuns sang appropriate hymns.
Declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in 2005 (Official Gazette of the Andalusian Regional Government, BOJA No. 62 March 2005).