It is located next to the remains of the walls of Seville and the gate of La Macarena, one of the gateways to it.
Its foundation dates from the second half of the 13th century, almost immediately after the town was reconquered by Ferdinand III the Saint, being one of the churches known as Alfonsinas, built during the reign of Alfonso X the Wise.
The clearly regionalist-style Coliseum is one of the best buildings in this trend and is part of the set of urban operations that were carried out in Seville from 1911 onwards on the occasion of the 1929 Ibero-American Exhibition.
Like other parishes in Seville, its origin dates back to the Reconquest of the town. It is located on the same site as a Roman temple, on which a Visigothic church and later a mosque were built. It is a Gothic-Mudejar type of church, although it was modified during the 17th and 18th centuries.
The Church of Santa María la Mayor is in the Mudejar style and was built in the 13th century, with additions from the 16th and 17th centuries. The church consists of three naves covered with alfarje roofs (Mudejar roofs) and separated by horseshoe arches supported by pillars and four paired columns.
This is the oldest church in Sanlúcar. It is located at one end of the town, in front of the escarpment overlooking the River Guadiamar, and its imposing structure can be seen from a long way off. Architecturally, it stands out for its gabled roofs that contrast with the crenellated Gothic sanctuary, the most striking feature being the free-standing tower topped by a spire.
The building is listed as an Asset of Cultural Interest. The style is baroque in transition to neoclassicism. It was built on an earlier Mudejar-style church that was demolished due to the damage caused by the Lisbon earthquake (1755). Its construction began in 1780 and ended in 1801.
Toledillo Castle is a Muslim defensive construction. R. Fernández González chronologically places this fortress in the Umayyad emirate, and it would continue to be expanded during the Caliphate period. It was rebuilt in the eleventh and twelfth centuries in the face of the Christian thrust from the north.