Commonly known as the Chapel of Jesus the Nazarene, it was part of the Dominican convent of Saint Bartholomew, funded by Bartolomé López de Marchena. The convent, which was founded in 1542, was dedicated to the care and well-being of the body and spirit. The chapel was built in the 17th century and underwent extensive renovations in the second half of the 18th century.
The Jesuits came to Utrera and founded a convent with a school. The Rodrigo Caro School stands now on that site. All that remains is this church, known as St Francis the New, the sacristy and the meeting room.
The Barefoot Carmelite Convent of the Conception was founded in 1577 by Francisco Álvarez de Bohórquez and his wife, Catalina de Coria. The convent was opened in 1580.
Typical Sevillian manor house from the first half of the 19th century, donated by the Counts of Gomara to the Hermanas de la Cruz (Sisters of the Cross) in 1941 for the order's convent.
It has a neoclassical style façade, vestibule and central courtyard with marble columns.
The convent of Santa Isabel was founded in 1490 by Ms Isabel de León and was the headquarters of the Order of Saint John.
The origin of this order dates back to the 11th century, with the foundation of the Order of Malta, when the nuns helped pilgrims and the sick in hospitals.
It is located in the centre of the historic quarter of Seville. It was built during the last third of the 14th century and throughout the 15th century and was founded in the family palace of Ms María Coronel. It has all the facilities that this type of institution usually has: church, turnstile, compass, cloister, kitchen, etc...
The Convent of San Leandro is located in the historic centre of Seville, in an area of great importance in the old town of Seville. The building has an almost quadrangular floor plan, with three exterior façades. Access to the convent is through an opening located in the front corresponding to the Plaza de San Ildefonso, which leads to a small compass.