The ensemble is a 17th century baroque building commissioned by Alvaro de Castilla in 1614 as a convent and hospital, to which the church is attached.
The convent hospital occupied a large area. Its church has a single nave roofed with a barrel vault and a hemispherical dome over the altar. The Mudejar style choir is located at the feet of the gallery. In the sanctuary there is a baroque plasterwork altarpiece and a 17th century Seville tiled altar. The main niche of the altarpiece contained the image of the Immaculate Conception, after whom the Church is named.
An important feature are the neoclassical porticos giving access to the church.