The Convento de la Visitación de Santa Isabel (Philippian Mothers) was founded in the last quarter of the 16th century and has been occupied by various religious orders. It was originally a nunnery, which in 1731 joined the order of the Minim nuns, who took over the convent. Subsequently, around 1855, because of the Exclaustration, the Minims left the convent, which was finally occupied by the Philippian nuns, who live there today.
The building consists of several renovated courtyards, a chapel and a church. The church consists of a single nave with a rich ceramic roof, which dates back to the second half of the 16th century, at the time of its foundation. The rest of the church is from the 18th century. The most outstanding features are the rich façade, the triangular tower, typical of Ecija, and the main altarpiece, the latter in Neoclassical style. As important as its history is the artwork it currently houses. The works attributed to Pedro Roldán are particularly noteworthy. In the main neoclassical altarpiece dedicated to the Virgen de los Dolores, there is a relief by the brilliant baroque sculptor depicting the Visitación de Santa Isabel, which probably came from the altarpiece commissioned by Cristóbal de Guadix in 1698. Several sculptures of different types (Jesus Scourged, Jesus Crucified, Jesus the Nazarene, etc.) are also attributed to the Roldan school.
No es visitable