Named by experts as "the little cathedral of the Sierra Sur" and declared an Asset of Cultural Interest, this is a remarkable building erected between 1506 and 1730 over the ruins of a medieval church. It has three limestone naves with high vaults supported by columns.
It encompasses various styles from Gothic to late Baroque. Eleven architects were involved in its design, including Lorenzo de Oviedo and Diego de Riaño. It consists of a hall church and three naves and houses 6 altarpieces and 7 chapels. Its pulpits, font and high altar table are richly carved in stone. In its Churrigueresque style altarpieces, you can see sculptures and paintings from well-known schools. Some of the most outstanding features are the Main Chapel and the Sacramental Chapel with a magnificent tabernacle and other pieces of silverwork from the 17th and 18th centuries. In the classic decoration of its altarpieces and chapels, wrought iron, marble and wood play an important role. A relief by Andrés de Ocampo and the impressive items of silverwork make the church an ideal place for worship and the appreciation of art. The bell tower, dating back to the 16th century, stands on an old Almohad minaret and is an imitation of the Giralda. It has four sections, is 47 metres high and has recently been restored.