Located in the Plaza de España, the church is a Mudejar-style building with a single nave and simple exterior appearance dating from the 15th and 16th centuries. It has a Gothic doorway from 1400, renovated in 1500. On its façade the remains of a Corinthian style column can be seen.
Its interior nave has a rectangular floor plan with three sections separated by transverse arches and is roofed with a vault and a ribbed Gothic dome in the sanctuary. The baptismal chapel preserves a XV century font, from the time of the archbishop Gonzalo de Mena, that is, around 1390 or 1400. This font was used to christen a child who later became a Saint and indeed the patron saint of the region, San Diego de Alcalá.
The carvings found in the church are from the 18th century. It has little silverwork but of great value, such as a ciborium of golden silver from 1570, an embossed silver parish cross with rocaille decoration made in 1750 and a 19th-century crucifix in the chancel.