Commonly known as the Chapel of Jesus the Nazarene, it was part of the Dominican convent of Saint Bartholomew, funded by Bartolomé López de Marchena. The convent, which was founded in 1542, was dedicated to the care and well-being of the body and spirit. The chapel was built in the 17th century and underwent extensive renovations in the second half of the 18th century.
Located in the Plaza de España, the church is a Mudejar-style building with a single nave and simple exterior appearance dating from the 15th and 16th centuries. It has a Gothic doorway from 1400, renovated in 1500. On its façade the remains of a Corinthian style column can be seen.
This simple 18th century chapel is built with plastered masonry. It has a single nave roofed with a vault decorated with Baroque plasterwork.
Outside it has a brick doorway and a double belfry.
The Nuestra Señora de la Victoria Parish Church was initially the church of the Convent of the Minim Friars of St Francis of Paola.
This Shrine is dedicated to the image of Osuna’s patron saint, Saint Arcadius, who is taken in procession through the city every year on 12 January. The 17th-century church was renovated in the 18th century. The single nave shrine is covered by a barrel vault and the transept with a dome on pendentives.
Inside the chapel are the images of San Antonio and San Pablo (18th century), from the now disappeared monastery of San Pablo de la Breña.
From the late 19th century, with a rectangular floor plan, its central nave is roofed by a half-barrel vault with ribbed arches and the two side naves by groin vaults.
The most important monument in Lorena is the parish church of San Miguel. It is a building with one nave, roofed with a ribbed barrel vault, to the left-hand side of which another one was added a few years ago. The current construction does not date back beyond the late 18th century, although later renovations can be identified.