The Town Council commissioned the barracks. An inscription on the lintel over the door reveals that construction works began in 1577 during the reign of King Felipe II.
The Mañara Palace is a palatial house in a basically Renaissance style. The illustrious philanthropist Miguel de Mañara, promoter and benefactor of the Brotherhood and Charity Hospital, was born in the palace. It is located in the centre of the former aljama or old Jewish quarter of Seville, which included the area between the Alcazar and the vicinity of the Carmona Gate.
This is an old religious building which, given its construction characteristics, can be dated to the late 15th century.
However, its original style is half hidden due to the alterations it underwent during the 18th century, and also due to the changes made at the end of the 1970s.
The construction of the chapel began around 1732. By 1746 it had been roofed and blessed and masses were celebrated there, and it was finally completed in 1749 with the addition of a belfry with two bells, formerly known in the town as La Gorda (Fat Lady) and La Chica (Little Girl). The construction of the chapel was financed by donations from the inhabitants of Herrera.
In Calle López de Ayala you can find the Hospital de los Milagros, also known as the Hospitalito.
This building has a main doorway from the early 16th century consisting of a basket arch with decorated archivolts and a niche on the alfiz that frames it. It is believed that it was founded in the late 15th century. It was still in use at the end of the 18th century.
The Shrine is located in the former Hospital de la Misericordia. This small rectangular building has two sections separated by a pointed triumphal arch. It has only one entrance at the foot of the Epistle side of the temple. The entrance is framed by an alfiz and topped with a cantilevered cornice. A brick belfry stands at the apse of this same side.
This small Mudejar church has a typical mountain architecture consisting of a single nave with transversal arches and a standalone main chapel. The chapel is covered with a dome crowned by a cupola that was added during the Baroque period. The main entrance, at the west end, is also Baroque. The pointed arch on the right wall, obscured by several adjacent rooms, is Mudejar.