Camona Vistas Parador

Seville enchants

This wonderful Franciscan Third Order chapel, adjacent to the church of San Pedro de Alcántara, is located on Cervantes Street in Seville.

The first historical record of this chapel dates from 1411 where it mentions that there was a religious building on the site that avoided the citizens of San Juan having to climb to the parish church of San Juan Bautista, when it was located on the hill of the Monument.

This temple, built in 1998, holds the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, donated by the Archbishop of Seville. This statue is the draft of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of Tomares that was kept in Seville’s Cathedral.

The conventual church, founded by the 4th Count of Ureña, began to be built in the late 16th century and continued into the next. Jerónimo Balbás created the main altarpiece which holds the image of Our Lady of Hope by Remesal. The statue of a pregnant Virgin Mary is also noteworthy.

This Shrine is dedicated to the image of Osuna’s patron saint, Saint Arcadius, who is taken in procession through the city every year on 12 January. The 17th-century church was renovated in the 18th century. The single nave shrine is covered by a barrel vault and the transept with a dome on pendentives.

The chapel is a stone, brick and masonry building dating from approximately 1734, which was extensively restored at a later date.

The Chapel of La Safa was built in 1983. It is a single-nave building with a half-barrel vault held up by ribbed arches supported by pilasters. The altarpiece, the arms of lateral lamps, the stained-glass windows and the half-height tiling of the old Seville factory of Ramos Rejano are currently preserved.