In 1731, a group of boys would walk through the streets singing the rosary “more for childish entertainment than true devotion”. Gradually, more people joined them until the Confraternity of the Servites was founded. The Church of Our Lady of Sorrows is the architectural gem of the Confraternity.
This Shrine is dedicated to the image of Osuna’s patron saint, Saint Arcadius, who is taken in procession through the city every year on 12 January. The 17th-century church was renovated in the 18th century. The single nave shrine is covered by a barrel vault and the transept with a dome on pendentives.
The ensemble is a 17th century baroque building commissioned by Alvaro de Castilla in 1614 as a convent and hospital, to which the church is attached.
This is an ancient Christian chapel that may have originally been an Arab mosque of which the mihrab would have been preserved. It has undergone restoration work since it ceased to be used as a prison.
The San Pedro Church has a white façade and a welcoming interior. Built in 1859, it was restored in 1998 with funds from the Archbishop of Seville, Coripe Town Council and generous donations by parishioners. However, the baroque dome of the former building and the old chapel of Carmen, now the Tabernacle, still remain.
This is an 18th century chapel, built around 1716, on the site of an earlier church. It is built in a simple Sevillian baroque style with a single nave with a hemispherical dome, main altarpiece, choir-belfry and access to the sacristy and brotherhood house from the nave itself.
It has a simple two-section baroque belfry crowning the main façade (Restored in 2011).
The Monastery is located on a privately-owned estate, a few kilometres from the town on the road leading to Malcocinado. This is all that remains of the former Basilio Monastery. The chapel, which is used as a warehouse of the current farmhouse, consists of a single nave divided into two sections, one with a barrel vault and the other with a dome.