Romería

Culture

Art, feeling and tradition

Écija Bullring

186
0

In 1844, the Sociedad de Fomento de Écija undertook the project of building a bullring on the old Roman amphitheatre. The work was carried out under the direction of builder Antonio Jiménez and it opened on July 25, 1846.

In 1886, the Bullring was acquired by Don Enrique López y López, who commissioned its rebuilding and improvements to master builder Manuel Pradas. It was officially inaugurated on May 8, 1889. It was then when the Écija bullring acquired the appearance it has preserved to this day. Its current facilities include: counselling, infirmary with three beds, administration, chapel, ticket office, butcher's shop, bullfighters’ room, stable with capacity for 30 horses, covered yard to make the division and 8 bull pens. The bullring is 52 metres in diameter; the alley is 1.50 m. wide, as is the height of the barrier.

At present, it is a third category bullring.

Capacity
8000 people
Category
Tercera
Year of inauguration
1889

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.