Cascadas Hueznar Bicicleta

Seville, beautiful and diverse

The Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza de Caballería in Seville is the oldest bullring in Spain. It is the venue for the bullfights that take place within the framework of the Seville April Fair, one of the most renowned bullfighting festivals in the world. It is considered one of the most popular tourist attractions in the town and is among the most visited monuments.

The Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza de Caballería in Seville is the oldest bullring in Spain. It is the venue for the bullfights that take place within the framework of the Seville April Fair, one of the most renowned bullfighting festivals in the world. It is considered one of the most popular tourist attractions in the town and is among the most visited monuments.

It is the oldest bullring in the province of Seville and is built on the parade ground of a Muslim castle dating from around 1400, with archaeological remains of a wall, minarets and the main door of the town's old Andalusian castle integrated into its interior.

This is a stately residence, designed as a recreational estate with a historicist style, associated with a property specialised in the breeding of fighting bulls. The site was well chosen, as it stands on a gentle hill overlooking the beautiful dehesa that spreads out around it.

El Castillo de las Guardas’ bullring is located in the town where two of the province’s most important fighting bull breeding farms are situated. Its location is unique in that it can be seen from the porch of the San Juan Bautista Parish Church. 

The monument, located in the square of the same name, is the work of the sculptor Collaut Valera. The bronze statue depicts the bullfighter in a proud and victorious pose after finishing the fight, while the mortally wounded bull lies on the ground with its limbs extended. The sculpture faithfully reflects Joselito after completing the “tercio de muerte” or the death stage.

The bullring dates back to 1870 and was inaugurated on 20 June 1878 and rebuilt in 1942. The old bullring of the Sierra Norte of Seville is built of masonry, brick and wood and is polygonal in shape. The ring has a diameter of about 40 metres and has 4 bull pens, 1 stable, 1 corral for fighting cattle, an infirmary and a chapel.