This chapel was built in 1511, probably as a charity hospital called Hospital de la Sangre. As with the chapel of La Soledad, the Vera Cruz Chapel underwent extensive renovation.
It has a single nave with a dome over the presbytery. There is a small baroque altarpiece, known as the Retablito, by Dionisio de Ribas from 1660. The high altar features a 16th-century image of the Holy Christ of the True Cross, from the Castilian School, and a statue of Our Lady of Sorrows attributed to Cristobal Ramos. Worthy of note is the sculpture of the Saint John the Baptist (child) –known as ‘San Juanito’– carved by Juan Martínez Montañés, and the float of the Christ of the True Cross, by Antonio Castillo Lastrucci. The Sacristy houses an exhibition of the Confraternity’s accoutrements.