Although the origins of this chapel are unknown, it is thought that a charity hospital dedicated to the San Sebastian martyr stood on this site. The Confraternity has a rulebook from 1879 that is a copy of an earlier one from 1584.
The chapel consists of a single nave with a high altar presided over by the image of Our Lady of Solitude, to whom it is dedicated. On both sides of the high altar are two small altars with the statues of the Child Jesus and the Immaculate Conception, respectively.
The altar of the Holiest Reclining Christ is located opposite the exit door, flanked by paintings of the Resurrection and the Burial of Christ. The Stations of the Cross run along the walls of the chapel. The Sacristy leads to the rooms used by the Confraternity of the Solitude.
The chapel is the seat of the Confraternity of the Solitude. Their titular images are the Holiest Reclining Christ, one of few articulated wooden sculptures of Christ, and Our Lady of Solitude, attributed to the School of La Roldana.
The Confraternity also has two other images that are taken in procession on Easter Sunday: the Christ Child, an allegory of the Resurrection of Christ, and an Immaculate Conception, commonly known as ‘La Purecita’, similar in style to the School of La Roldana.