The Shrine to the Purísima Concepción is a temple consecrated to the Purísima Concepción de María Coronada. Documentary evidence shows that it was built in the 18th century, more specifically 1712.
Situated in the El Aral neighbourhood, it was renovated in 1929. It consists of a chapel and a house where the caretaker lives. The shrine was kept by either a male or a female hermit, as was the case of Maria del Carmen Zamora Cano in 1824.
This small, single-nave church single nave and has a recessed door. The Virgin Mary’s dressing room is at the back of the chapel. This temple is the seat of the Confraternity of the Pure Conception, whose titular image is from the 18th century and has natural hair.
There is no doubt that the religious and festive interest in the pilgrimage of the Virgin Mary in June is significant. The image is transferred to the chapel of the Santa María de las Nieves Church, where she is worshipped during May.
Worthy of note is the image of Saint Joseph made by the studio of the sculpture Martínez Montañés. A statue of San Salvador stands opposite the niche in which St Joseph stands.