The Shrine to Saint Barbara is located on Villanueva del Río y Minas’ Guadalquivir Street, north of the town centre and Corta San Fernando. It is a simple chapel with a cross plan built in 1944.
The chapel of San Miguel is located on the outskirts of the town, today surrounded by recent developments, although there is evidence that when it was built it was outside the town walls.
This 19th-century neoclassical church was built over an earlier 14th-century temple (Shrine to Our Lady of Solitude), demolished in 1800 by the Count of Altamira. The church has a rectangular plan, a central nave and two aisles. The central nave, which is larger than the aisles, is covered with barrel vaults and the aisles with groin vaults.
The Shrine was built in the 17th century by the devotees of the namesake Confraternity. Renovations in the 18th century have given it its current appearance. The external buttresses that support the wall and its large size are worthy of note.
The chapel is a building of Mudejar origin. Built in the 15th century, it is Mudejar in style and has a single nave. Its interior is a beautiful example of popular Mudejar architecture with a characteristic wooden roof with an image of San Diego, built by Castillo Lastrucci in the 20th century. The end façade is from the first quarter of the 16th century.
The Chapel of El Navazo is set in a natural area near the Sierra del Tablón, between Algámitas and Pruna. The hill of El Navazo, where the chapel stands, has an altitude of 686 m, and is one of a series of isolated hills in the southwestern area of the mountain range. It was designed by the local artist Sánchez Barrera and built with donations from the town.
The Shrine to Our Lady of Bethlehem is located at the Plaza de Belén. It has a square plan with two pointed arches in the lower part, whose side posts have disappeared.
The altar and dressing room of Our Lady of Bethlehem are located in an Almohad “Qubba” from the late 11th century.