The San Bartolomé Church is located in Carmona’s historic centre, very close to the lower fortress, known as the Alcázar de Abajo or Puerta de Sevilla.
Although the structure of the temple dates back to the 15th century, it was completely transformed and embellished during the Baroque period. The tower in the façade was also completed at that time.
Of particular note is the main altarpiece dating from the first third of the 18th century, comprised of a predella and the main body, which is divided into three sections and a gable.
The walls and the sacristy are adorned with a notable collection of paintings, including Saint Catherine of Alexandria in the presbytery.
The Chapel of Jesus of Nazareth has three altarpieces, the main one of which holds the titular image of the Confraternity of Penance, a sculpture by Francisco de Ocampo from 1607.