A rectangular church with three naves divided into five sections, separated by pointed arches on pillars. It is in 15th-century Mudejar-style, although it was renovated and extended in the second half of the 18th century. The Sacramental Chapel from around 1727 is transversely attached to the left side of the building. The image of the Christ of Health is venerated in this chapel.
The main altarpiece and other altarpieces were built in the 18th century, as were the paintings and sculptures housed therein. There are also some paintings and sculptures from previous centuries, probably from altarpieces from other churches.
Highlights include the painting of the Miracle of St Gil by Alejo Fernández, from the first third of the 16th century, hanging over a carved, wooden door in the left nave, the panel with the Christ the Source of Life by Villegas y Marmolejo from 1554, located at the west end of the Sacramental Chapel and two panel paintings of St Gregory and St Ambrose (c. 1520) in the Sacristy, along with the Crucified Christ, the Prayer in the Garden and the Tears of St Peter, the latter three by Villegas y Marmolejo (c. 1550).
The renovations carried out in 1990 have altered the area around the presbytery to the worse.
The tower located at the west end of the Gospel nave, which was severely affected by the 1684 earthquake, and subsequently repaired in the first half of the 18th century, was built between 1777 and 1782 by Antonio Matías de Figueroa and Antonio Caballero. It is 55 meters tall with three tapering tiers that give the tower a soaring form. Likewise, the lively decoration of masonry, plasterwork, mouldings and carved brick capitals and tiles accentuate its baroque style.