The Real Alcázar of Seville is a group of palatial buildings located in the city of Seville, the construction of which began in the High Middle Ages, where multiple styles are superimposed, from the Islamic art of its first inhabitants, the Mudejar and Gothic of the period after the conquest of the city by the Castilian troops to the Renaissance and Baroque of later reforms.
The Convent of San Leandro is located in the historic centre of Seville, in an area of great importance in the old town of Seville. The building has an almost quadrangular floor plan, with three exterior façades. Access to the convent is through an opening located in the front corresponding to the Plaza de San Ildefonso, which leads to a small compass.
The complex of the Real Alcázar of Seville has its origin in the evolution that the ancient Roman Hispalis experienced during the High Middle Ages, when the town became known as Ixbilia.
The reason it bears the name of Queen of Spain Isabel II is precisely because it was built at the time of her reign, specifically inaugurated in February 1852. The French engineers Steinacher and Bernadet were in charge of bringing it into being, taking as a model the no longer present Paris bridge named Pont du Carrousel.
The walls of Seville, built by Julius Caesar, were seven kilometres long, with 166 towers, 13 gates and 6 shutters.
The House of Los Pinelos was built in the first third of the 16th century by the canon of the cathedral, Diego Pinelo, a descendant of rich Genoese merchants living in Seville.
In the 16th century, Seville was the most important town in Europe. The riches of the New World arrived at its port and were then distributed throughout the continent. Here the gold and silver of America was minted in coins. It was named Nova Roma, because of its splendour, and the best Italian and Flemish artists of the time came to it.