The Palace of the Marquis de la Gomera is the most exceptional in Osuna. This 18th-century building by Juan Antonio Blanco was built circa 1770.
The current La Merced Church was built in 1650, although it was extensively renovated in the second half of the 18th century. The friars arrived in Osuna in 1609. They initially settled in the Shrine to Santa Ana, on the outskirts of the city. After two failed attempts, they built a new monastery on its current site in 1637.
The church was the former convent of the Priests of the Holy Spirit. It has been argued that the community of the Holy Spirit was established in the mid-16th century. A congregation of priests operated the Home for Foundlings lived in the convent until its secularisation in the 19th century. The Sisters of the Cross have occupied the convent since 1939.
The Town Hall was built in 1533 over the Puerta de Teba arch.
The whitewashed walls are graced by a double row of balconies. Worthy of note is an arcade supported on embedded double columns. Next to arcade are the remains of a former mirador overlooking the Plaza. Two, long and wide balconies with pink carved stipites support the screws that go into the wall.
This church is an 18th century building, made of limestone and pink marble from the Sierra de San Pablo.
Built over a 17th century church, of which only the first section of the tower remains, its Baroque stone façade is one of its most outstanding features. It has a Latin cross floor plan and the naves are separated by 16 Tuscan columns.
The St John Baptist Church must have been founded after the Christians conquered Marchena. It is likely linked to the presence of the Order of St John, first documented in the 13th century. Only the chapel under the tower remains from that original Church.
The temple is somewhat removed from the town’s walled historic quarters. When it was built in the 15th century, it was meant to be a shrine to the Archangel St Michael.
Although it has a core area that is Mudejar, it has undergone multiple renovations, especially in the 18th century, when the choir’s side chapels were added.