The Jesuits came to Utrera and founded a convent with a school. The Rodrigo Caro School stands now on that site. All that remains is this church, known as St Francis the New, the sacristy and the meeting room.
The Barefoot Carmelite Convent of the Conception was founded in 1577 by Francisco Álvarez de Bohórquez and his wife, Catalina de Coria. The convent was opened in 1580.
The most important monument in Lorena is the parish church of San Miguel. It is a building with one nave, roofed with a ribbed barrel vault, to the left-hand side of which another one was added a few years ago. The current construction does not date back beyond the late 18th century, although later renovations can be identified.
This late 18th-century church is dedicated to Our Lady of Immaculate Conception. It also ecclesiastically depends on the parish of Our Lady of Pure Conception. In 1887, it was also used as a water deposit. Until the Spanish Civil War, it was used as public baths. It then served as a water supply station for irrigation purposes.
On the site now occupied by the parish church, the former Muslim fortress of the Almohad period was built, the only remaining feature of which is a small piece of wall, located next to the sanctuary of the church, which has a pointed horseshoe arch framed by an alfiz.
Reconstructed in 1938, the church is home to paintings and images from the 17th century and 18th century, transferred here from the now-extinct La Victoria Convent in Estepa, including the image of the patron saint of the town.
The San Pedro Church has a white façade and a welcoming interior. Built in 1859, it was restored in 1998 with funds from the Archbishop of Seville, Coripe Town Council and generous donations by parishioners. However, the baroque dome of the former building and the old chapel of Carmen, now the Tabernacle, still remain.