The Madre de Dios Convent is located on the street of the same name, next to the former Chapter House in Carmona’s historic centre.
It appears that the Dominican community was founded in the early 16th century. In 1520, the building began to take shape and was gradually integrated into the urban fabric of the old medieval quarter. It reached its maximum size in the 17th century.
The church is the most remarkable feature of the convent. It consists of a single nave covered with a Mudejar coffered ceiling. The main altarpiece is the work of Jacinto Pimentel, completed in 1632.
The church is decorated with paintings, all of which are framed in baroque plasterwork.