It dates from the 14th century and is made in Gothic-Mudejar style. It was built on top of an old mosque with three naves with an apse, two ogival stone portals from the early 15th century and an 18th century tower with a bell tower. It had to be rebuilt after the damage suffered by the Lisbon earthquake in 1755. Inside, there are altarpieces, images and canvases of great artistic, historical and cultural value attributed to important artists such as Miguel Polanco and Zurbarán. It has been declared a Site of Cultural Interest.
The church is home to the Confraternity of Cristo de la Salud y Buen Viaje, which goes on procession to the cathedral on Easter Tuesdays.