This church combines the Islamic building tradition with the Gothic art provided by the Christian conquerors who came from Castile. The main façade dates back to the second half of the 13th century, with an exceptional stone doorway made up of a pointed arch with archivolts and battens.
This is one of the many Gothic-Mudejar churches that were built within the town walls during the 14th century, although this is one of the churches that was most reformed and extended in the following centuries, especially between the 16th and 19th centuries.
The Church of San Nicolás de Bari was one of the parishes founded after the reconquest by Ferdinand III of Castile in 1248. It was originally Gothic-Mudejar and in the 18th century it would be rebuilt as a baroque building.
It belongs to the group of Gothic-Mudejar churches in Seville. It is a church with a rectangular floor plan, divided into three naves with four sections. The chevet is polygonal with a straight section and is separated from the body of the church by a triumphal arch, also in the Gothic or ogival style.
It dates from the 14th century and is made in Gothic-Mudejar style. It was built on top of an old mosque with three naves with an apse, two ogival stone portals from the early 15th century and an 18th century tower with a bell tower. It had to be rebuilt after the damage suffered by the Lisbon earthquake in 1755.
Seville's Holy Week is, without a doubt, Seville's biggest festivities and commemorates the passion, death and resurrection of Christ, between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.
Ramón León Jewellery Shop
Heir to the founder of the goldsmith's shop, Ramón León, he began working as an apprentice at the age of 10. At the beginning of the 1980s he became independent and set up his workshop in Triana, starting his work as a solo silversmith.