The early temple must have been built around the middle of the 14th century, responding to the predominant Mudejar aesthetic in the churches of Seville at that time. The passage of time and the damage caused by the 1755 Lisbon earthquake forced its demolition and subsequent reconstruction, which was completed in October 1841. The neoclassical-style church has two portals. The main one is very monumental and has the singularity of having two twin towers that shelter a small atrium. The interior consists of three naves with a transept and presbytery. Its main altarpiece houses the images of San Ildefonso in the centre and San Pedro and San Pablo on the sides.