This building was commissioned to the Sevillian master-builder Ambrosio de Figueroa in the 18th century by the San Juan Bautista Church. According to the books, it was used to store and restore the Church’s furnishings. It was also used as a granary. The building belonged to the parish, as evidence by the Cross of St John on the main gate.
The inner courtyards and coffered ceilings of the upper-level rooms are worthy of note.
Following several restorations by vocational trainees, the building was converted into the municipal library, the municipal historical archive and the archive of protocols in the late 20th century. It holds historical documents dating back to 1492.