The Hacienda de Montefuerte, located in Navarro Caro Street, now houses the José María Delgado Buiza Municipal Library. This 17th-century Hacienda was a typical olive-growing estate. The Patio de Caballerizas (Mews) is located in the centre of the estate, around which the original buildings were arranged.
The Casa de las Columnas is located in the centre of the Triana neighbourhood, specifically on Pureza street, opposite the apse of the Santa Ana parish church, near the Altozano and San Jorge castle, the convents of Nuestra Señora de la Salud, San Jacinto and Nuestra Señora de los Remedios.
This old Shrine is now the cultural centre of the Municipal Public Library and the Municipal Historical Archives.
The cultural centre, located in one of the finest examples of civil architecture in the county, houses a museum on the history of writing.
It also has an area dedicated to the life and legacy of José Manuel Lara Hernández, founder of the Planeta publishing group, who is an El Pedroso native. This centre also focuses on the enormous relevance of mining in the town’s development.
The former Hacienda de Santa Rosalía is one of many buildings lining Plaza de España, Gines’ main square. It is thought that the building dates from the 18th century. This stately house was once owned by Juan José del Castillo, then the mayor of Gines, who built the Shrine to Santa Rosalía (1723).
Hacienda de la Sagrada Familia is a building complex located within the town of Castilleja de la Cuesta, on Enmedio Street, near the Plaza de Santiago. Until the last few decades of the 20th century, this area was the town’s commercial, religious and administrative hub.
The Casa de la Cultura is housed in the former Jesuit convent. It leverages the ample space available in the convent complex with its large central cloister and rooms around it.