Santiponce Itálica

Heritage

An immense legacy waiting to be discovered

Santa Ana Church

92
3

This contemporary architecture building (1978) was constructed to replace the old one from the 18th century. The temple has a simple layout with a single nave and open niches in the side walls. Highlights include a 17th-century Crucified Christ, donated by the Duke of Infantado, a sculptural group by Antonio Castillo Lastrucci (1878-1967), comprising the images of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne (local patron saints) and Mary, and an 18th-century bust of La Dolorosa.

The traditional façade is characterised by the pointed openings and slender bell gable on the right side. 

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.