Santiponce Itálica

Heritage

An immense legacy waiting to be discovered

Chapel of Nuestro Padre Jesús de la Cañada

74
0

The chapel is a stone, brick and masonry building dating from approximately 1734, which was extensively restored at a later date.

It has a Latin cross floor plan with a single nave and its modern Baroque style jasper Main Altarpiece, made in 1940, is presided over by the image of its patron, the Nazarene of Castillo Lastrucci. The Virgen de los Dolores made by Pineda Calderón in 1941 can be found to the left of the transept; at the foot of the nave is the choir with marble columns, and on the Gospel side, a Renaissance mausoleum in Carrara marble, where the Duke of Banos and his wife repose.

The brotherhood that owns this chapel has its own museum and modern facilities.

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.