This church is, without a doubt, the most significant building in Paradas. In the mid-15th century, Juan Ponce de León, Count of Paradas, laid the first stone of the old church over which the current one stands.
There is documentary evidence that this church was built in the late 18th century. The diocesan architects involved were José Alvarez, Fernando Rosales and Antonio Matías de Figueroa. On 3 March 1791, after seven years, the church was completed and dedicated to Saint Eutropius, Bishop of Saintes (France), the patron saint of Paradas.
The temple is a beautiful example of late Sevillian Baroque in the transition to neoclassicism.
The entrance, made of white stone from Morón de la Frontera, is the work of the stonemason Juan Muñoz.
The beautiful temple with a Latin cross plan has a central nave and four nave-aisles that hold remarkable baroque and neoclassical altarpieces. Some of them were made by the brothers José Victorino, Francisco, Vicente and Bruno Casau de Paz, an illustrious local family of woodcarvers.
The Sacramental Chapel is located in the apse of the Gospel aisle. The Sacristy was renovated in 1968 to house a small museum of sacred liturgical vessels and objects, ornaments, standards of the ancient Confraternities, a valuable 17th-century enamelled object and three paintings. Of these, the most outstanding is the painting of St Mary Magdalene Penitent by El Greco.