Both buildings share spaces and relevant architectural details.
The building is the work of the famous Sevillian architect Aníbal González. The graceful dome from the Shrine to San Juan de Letrán, demolished in 1942, is integrated into the structure. Some records show that the Shrine already existed in 1527.
Shrine to San Juan de Letrán.
The Shrine to San Juan de Letrán is possibly the oldest shrine in Paradas. Its existence is documented since at least the early 16th century. Therefore, it is not unreasonable to conclude that it was built by Juan Ponce de León in honour of the patron saint.
The interior was destroyed at the beginning of the Spanish Civil War and was no longer used for worship. In 1924, the Shrine was auctioned and acquired by the Town Hall. The building was demolished except the 18th-century chapel of the Christ of the True Cross, covered with a dome. Following the renovation of the side façade by the Casa de Oficios San Juan de Letrán, it was integrated into the Town Hall in 1997.