The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Loreto is a highlight in the Andalusian Religious Tourism circuit.
Declared a Site of Cultural Interest, this Monastery-Hacienda has an olive press, a manor house, a fortified tower and a chapel. The olive press is a device to extract oil from olives, while the wine is used for producing wine. There is also a barn and stables.
Built in 1884 by the Algarin brothers, it divided the Castle’s original courtyard in two.
This roofed courtyard was built around a well with cast-iron columns surrounded by two storeys of houses. The Duke of Medinaceli sold the Castle to the Algarín brothers in the 11th century, who used it as an oil mill.
Although the buildings of this small estate date from the 17th century, there is documentary proof that it was built over an 11th-century Moorish farmstead.
Hacienda Marchalomar is an estate arranged around a central courtyard and a work yard. It preserves its olive mill with a hydraulic press and two stone rollers. Other features include a hay barn, granary, main residence, overseer’s house, machinery shed, stables, cowshed and pig pens.
Five 18th-century counterweight towers used in beam mills to produce olive oil and ancillary buildings. The most beautiful tower is located next to an old rest area on the road that crosses the town. It is today a landscaped area. This architectural element sits inside a building with a curved tile, gabled roof situated in the former Cruz de los Caídos garden.
The country estate, also known as Hacienda La Fuenlonguilla, is located half a kilometre along the road SE-457. It dates back to the mid-19th century, more specifically 1858. It was used for agricultural and livestock activities. The Hacienda’s original olive oil mill is still in perfect condition, as is the rest of the complex.
The olive mill and its emblematic counterweight tower are one of the most characteristic architectural features of Seville’s rural landscape, particularly in the Aljarafe region with its long olive-growing history. The region’s centuries-old tradition of olive oil production has led to a widespread presence of these typical mills.