This is one of the most interesting architectural remains in Gerena. It dates back to the Roman period from which the first chamber (old fountain) and thermal baths originate. The overflow of this first fountain probably served as a drinking trough.
Taking advantage of the original construction, the enclosure was built protected by granite posts to prevent the entry of wagons and cattle.
The neoclassical style fountain was restored in 1883, when Tomás Gutiérrez Núñez was mayor of the town. In the restoration process, the seats and the two pipes of the fountain were preserved.
It is located in the lowest part of the village and there has been a human settlement there for centuries thanks to the water.