The fountain is located on the northeast edge of the town, on the former road to the Venta El Alto. A signpost set up by the Town Council indicates that the fountain was built in 1928. The spring feeding the fountain also supplies the town. A well-preserved washhouse, now in disuse, stands behind it.
The fountain consists of a large, slightly rectangular basin with three spouts, where the women gathered to talk, and a trough.
About 25 metres away is the washhouse with 16 granite basins where people used to wash standing up.