This is one of El Coronil’s most significant palaces, built in 1714 after Diego Quebrado de Leon y Carvajal wed Maria Ana de la Calle y Castilla. Following the death of the nobleman in 1771, it was bequeathed to the Pious Schools of the Mother of God.
The building remodelled into a free school run by this congregation. It acquired a two-tone, baroque façade that enhanced the structural elements. The entrance is graced with a tile panel of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception and a monstrance with the Holy Sacrament, symbol of the Sacramental Confraternity of Utrera.
Due to successive confiscations of church property, the Town Hall became the owner and manager of the school. This circumstance was commemorated with a plaque in the hall when it was renovated in 1889.
In 1975, the school was transferred to another facility. The Palace has been used as a nursery, health centre, flamenco club and meeting venue.
In 1998, it became the Cultural Centre. It now houses a 17th century Iron Cross.