This building, owned by the Archdiocese of Seville, is an excellent example of civil baroque architecture in Lebrija. It was built in 1791 and consists of two areas: the rectory and the granary. The former, towards Tetuán Street, is the residential area, with a façade that has a unique undulating cornice.
This is one of El Coronil’s most significant palaces, built in 1714 after Diego Quebrado de Leon y Carvajal wed Maria Ana de la Calle y Castilla. Following the death of the nobleman in 1771, it was bequeathed to the Pious Schools of the Mother of God.
The Casa de la Cultura is housed in the former Jesuit convent. It leverages the ample space available in the convent complex with its large central cloister and rooms around it.
The Casa Escalera, nowadays Cultural Centre, stands just a few metres from the Shrine to San Juan de Letrán and the impressive San Eutropio Church in Paradas. This beautiful building was built in the early 20th century. Its first owner was Fernando de la Escalera Vasco; hence the name Casa Escalera.
This stately neoclassical house from the second half of the 18th century belonged to the Sargeant family. The first member of this Sevillian family was Felipe Sargeant. His son, Felipe Sargeant y Salcedo (1744-1788), held the title of I Marquis of Monteflorido, granted by King Carlos III in 1770.
This former church of the Society of Jesus dates from the 17th century. When the Jesuits left, the convent was abandoned, and the church was stripped of its most interesting works. The main altarpiece was found in the parish of El Saucejo. The entire church became the property of the State -hence the epithet Real.
A building from the late 19th century built by Don Francisco Murube in the style of the Cercedilla railway station.
It was used as the Town Hall during the 20th century until a few decades ago, when it underwent a major renovation. It is now used as a Cultural Centre that houses exhibition halls, multi-purpose rooms and an assembly hall.