This is one of the buildings constructed thanks to Rosario Ruiz Ramos, who bequeathed her estate for charitable purposes. The design of the chapel was entrusted to Antonio Llanes del Río, at the end of the second decade of the 20th century.
This Renaissance temple (1556-1588) has Gothic-Mudejar elements. It belonged to the former Encarnación School founded by Luis Cristobal Ponce de León (second Duke of Arcos) and his wife María de Toledo and run by the Jesuit fathers. Only Church and a beautiful cloister remain from the original building.
The Palace of the Counts of Castellar, which holds the Town Hall, was built between the 15th and 16th centuries. However, it was reduced to rubble in 1977.
This Baroque temple, built by the Franciscan Order of Alcantara, was consecrated on 3 May 1624. In 1837, following the confiscation of church properties ordered by Mendizábal, the religious community abandoned the convent, taking with them the artworks they had collected over the years. Part of the former convent now belonged to the State, and was used as barracks for the Guardia Civil.
It belongs to the congregation of the Commanders of the Holy Spirit, an order founded by Venerable Guido de Montpellier in 1173. It aims at prayer and its premises house a women's residence and a teaching centre. The building has been part of Seville's Historical Complex since 1964 and, in 1538, Ms María de Aguilar received the bull allowing the foundation of the Monastery of the Holy Spirit.
This is one of El Coronil’s most significant palaces, built in 1714 after Diego Quebrado de Leon y Carvajal wed Maria Ana de la Calle y Castilla. Following the death of the nobleman in 1771, it was bequeathed to the Pious Schools of the Mother of God.
El Coronil’s Town Hall is located in the town’s geographical centre.