Feria

Seville, beautiful and diverse

The Plaza or Mercado de Abastos was built in 1934. It follows in the tradition of municipal food markets that existed since the Middle Ages. There is written evidence that butcher and fishmonger’s shops existed since the late Middle Ages. The town council would lease the stalls on an annual basis so people could purchase food.

This is an expansion of the southern end of Victoria Street, creating an open space opposite the main façade of the Convent of Our Lady of Candles.     

This open space is the geographic and social heart of El Coronil. Popular street activities take place here. It is also the reference point of its urban fabric since the most important civil and religious buildings are located around it.

The municipal coats of arms of the former settlements, origin of Cañada Rosal, made of painted tiles. 

The square takes its name from an old palm tree located at one end where hundreds of birds roost. It is the oldest square in town and where the local festivals take place.

It is located on the site of the old San Roque orchard in the 17th century and the nerve center of the town. Beautiful meeting place for people of all ages. In it there is a bronze bust of D. Rafael del Riego.

The square as such dates back to the 15th century, although it has undergone many alterations throughout its history.

In 1851 it was already called Plaza de la Constitución, but its name has changed with the times and it has also been known by names such as Plaza de la República or Plaza de Calvo Sotelo.