Santiponce Itálica

Heritage

An immense legacy waiting to be discovered

Plaza de la Constitucion

53
0

The square as such dates back to the 15th century, although it has undergone many alterations throughout its history.

In 1851 it was already called Plaza de la Constitución, but its name has changed with the times and it has also been known by names such as Plaza de la República or Plaza de Calvo Sotelo.

It was in 1986 when it reverted to its original and current name, "Plaza de la Constitución", as a tribute to the restoration of democracy.

This square is the main meeting point of the townsfolk of Ronquilla.

Labels

0 comments

New comment

The comments are moderated, so it takes a while to appear. If they contain offensive language they will not be published.