The Mulva-Munigua Archaeological Site is listed as a Site of Cultural Interest (BIC). It is located near Villanueva del Río y Minas, an area of mining tradition in the foothills of the Sierra Morena (Seville).
The first phase of construction of the Metropol Parasol revealed visible remains of much of the Roman period, from Tiberius (circa 30 AD) to the 6th century, as well as an Islamic Almohad house from the 12th and 13th centuries.
It began to be built as a manor house in the 16th century. It originally belonged to the Paiba family and later to the Counts of Corbos and the Counts of Miraflores. It was in 1901 when it became the property of Regla Manjón Mergelina, the Countess of Lebrija, who carried out a restoration and fitted it out to house antiques.
Las Setas de Sevilla, also known as the Metropol Parasol project, executed by architect Jürgen Mayer, is the largest wooden structure in the world.
The theatre is just a stone's throw from the Italica Archaeological Site and was built during the time of Augustus and restored in 2014. It was built in three stages between 30 and 37 A.D. Later, during the 60's and 80's A.D., major renovations were made to the semicircular façade and the stage.
Pre-Roman cyclopean construction. The origin and role of El Higuerón are not entirely clear. Concerning its origin, it is very likely that it was built during the Iberian-Turdetan period. It can be dated between the 5th and 2nd centuries BC.
The last stretch of the River Guadalquivir’s right bank has been dotted with settlements and cities since ancient times because the river provided resources and a communication route that enabled trade and contact between the inhabitants of the territory.