The Casa Escalera, nowadays Cultural Centre, stands just a few metres from the Shrine to San Juan de Letrán and the impressive San Eutropio Church in Paradas. This beautiful building was built in the early 20th century. Its first owner was Fernando de la Escalera Vasco; hence the name Casa Escalera. Shortly afterwards, it was acquired by Francisco Ruiz Martínez who, in turn, transferred its ownership to the General Military Headquarters in Seville during the Spanish Civil War. In 1939, the General Military Headquarters relinquished its possession in favour of the Paradas Town Hall for educational purposes.