The Ermita de San Marcos was built over the remains of an old oratory. The construction works began in 1840 and ended in 1845. It was completely renovated and reopened on 15 October 1994.
This simple Shrine is located in the Los Remedios neighbourhood and houses the images of Saint Mark and Saint Stephen. Its façade is decorated with an iron cross from a mill that was located in the Plaza del Llanete.
The devotion to San Marcos is deeply rooted in the region, mainly, in the lands that belonged to the Order of Santiago, as it ecclesiastically depended on the priorate of San Marcos de León.