It belongs to the congregation of the Commanders of the Holy Spirit, an order founded by Venerable Guido de Montpellier in 1173. It aims at prayer and its premises house a women's residence and a teaching centre. The building has been part of Seville's Historical Complex since 1964 and, in 1538, Ms María de Aguilar received the bull allowing the foundation of the Monastery of the Holy Spirit. Years later, the houses in which the community now lives were bought and called Las Niñas de la Doctrina, because the convent was intended for the education and assistance of poor young people. Since then, the convent and school have coexisted inseparably.
The Baroque temple with a single rectangular floor plan and barrel vault is of great artistic interest.
It is advisable to taste the delicious sweets that are so laboriously made by the nuns.