It began to be built as a manor house in the 16th century. It originally belonged to the Paiba family and later to the Counts of Corbos and the Counts of Miraflores. It was in 1901 when it became the property of Regla Manjón Mergelina, the Countess of Lebrija, who carried out a restoration and fitted it out to house antiques.
The Chapel of La Safa was built in 1983. It is a single-nave building with a half-barrel vault held up by ribbed arches supported by pilasters. The altarpiece, the arms of lateral lamps, the stained-glass windows and the half-height tiling of the old Seville factory of Ramos Rejano are currently preserved.
On entering the district of Matarredonda we can see a beautiful typical Andalusian style church, which exudes all the spirituality of the old pilgrim churches.
The church belongs to the parish of Marinaleda and is dedicated to the Virgen de la Paz, a Virgin who is the object of great devotion in the province of Seville.
The Herrera Thermal Complex was declared a Site of Cultural Interest, under the category of Archaeological Zone, in 2007.
The primary reason for the existence of this site is the position of the municipality close to the main communication routes in the region, as well as its location in an area of great agricultural wealth on a plain in the basin of the River Genil.
The building with a robust architecture was completed in 1893. It is located in the Plaza de España or del Salón, as it is commonly known. The brick façade has windows on its two floors and three centred balconies with stonework balustrades.
La Carlina has a romantic history.
The archaeological site located in the ancient Parade Ground of the Royal Alcazar, popularly known as El Picadero (the riding school), occupies the highest area of the city, where you can find Turdetani and Roman remains as well as the ruins of the wall of a Moorish castle. You can observe Ecija's periods of occupation from its origins, around the 8th century B.C., until today.