Écija Palacio Peñaflor

Seville enchants

Built in pink marble and in the shape of an octagonal prism, this was the tank where water from the Sierra de San Pablo was collected to supply the population. It was built in 1875 by the Sevillian architect Juan Talavera, and was completed in 1979 with the construction of the washroom, of which the façade and the pavement pillar remain.

Las Pilas is located at the intersection of Avenida de Andalucía and Calle del Matadero. The washing place is the only one of its kind in the province of Seville. The architect took ingenous advantage of a not very large corner. As described by P.A.

The fountain is located on the northeast edge of the town, on the former road to the Venta El Alto. A signpost set up by the Town Council indicates that the fountain was built in 1928. The spring feeding the fountain also supplies the town. A well-preserved washhouse, now in disuse, stands behind it.

This is an old cattle watering place where the women of Pruna used to go to do the washing. There are also some wells, now dry, which were used to supply the town and water some vegetable gardens.

In the past it had a pipe called "El Caño el Torero" from which drinking water was taken. It was discovered by Juan Rivero Torero. It also had another pipe that fed a drinking trough. Later on, some washhouses were built where the local women went to do the washing. The fountain is no longer as it was then, as the "Caño el Torero" has disappeared and only the drinking trough remains.

The fountain is located, on Alconchel Street, at the edge of the town of Mairena del Alcor, towards Viso del Alcor. Situated on an old drover’s road, it was once used as a resting place for cattle and a camping site. It was quite popular now during the Fair.

The Alamedilla Fountain, also known as the Eight Spouts Fountain, is located in the Resolana Square, next to the Cristo de los Afligidos Park in Utrera. This old octagonal fountain with a roof shaped like a gazebo has been renovated. The roof, decorated with Sevillian tiles, is supported on eight semi-circular arches.