There are two different versions regarding the origin of this temple. The first speaks of the appearance of the Virgin Mary to a baker in “Capita” street, which pushed the parish priest, Primitivo Tarancón Gallo, to erect this temple in a nearby place. The parish priest is again the protagonist in the second version. In a spirit of thanksgiving for having been named the parish priest of El Viso del Alcor, he built the temple to Our Lady of the Rosary, of whom he was a devotee.
The process for buying the property on which the Chapel is located began in 1916. This building is commonly known as the “House of Birds”, due to the number of these animals that lived here as it was previously a barn.
The Chapel was blessed and opened on 21 November 1920, and the Congregation of the Rosary was established there. In 1936, due to the political situation at the time, the temple was damaged in several ways. The founders of the current Confraternity of the True Cross and Rosary decided to restore the Chapel of the Rosary and open it to worship. It would also house the new Confraternity.
The Chapel has been renovated several times since then. Most recently, in 2019, when two niches were built to house the images of Saint Angela of the Cross and the Immaculate Conception. A new altarpiece made with parts of the former float of the Holy Christ, and a new dressing room were built next to the marble niches at the back of the altarpiece.