The Church was founded in 1620 by Gómez de Guzmán and Catalina de Sandoval, Marquises of Fuentes. The portal has a classical layout, with a tile panel depicting the Mystery of the Incarnation. It was rebuilt in 1860 after a fire ravaged it in the mid-19th century. Francisco Armero Fernández de Peñaranda, General Armourer and first Marquis of Nervión, has been credited with persuading Queen Isabel II to help with the reconstruction. She replied that she would match every “real” he donated with silver ducats. A painting inside the convent commemorates this event.