Castillo de Alcalá de Guadaíra

Seville enchants

The 'Castles in Seville Route, meeting of cultures' reveals the valuable architectural and historical legacy of these jewels housed in numerous municipalities of the province, showing to visitors the living remains of history scattered throughout Seville.

Since the Muslim period, the defence of Al-Andalus became a primary objective and that is the reason why castles were built in fortifications located in strategic places. Most of them are over six centuries old, witnesses of the Middle Ages, built by the Arab population to defend themselves from the Christians fighting for the Reconquest.

Since the Muslim period, the defence of Al-Andalus became a primary objective and that is the reason why castles were built in fortifications located in strategic places. Most of them are over six centuries old, witnesses of the Middle Ages, built by the Arab population to defend themselves from the Christians fighting for the Reconquest.

Since the Muslim period, the defence of Al-Andalus became a primary objective and that is the reason why castles were built in fortifications located in strategic places. Most of them are over six centuries old, witnesses of the Middle Ages, built by the Arab population to defend themselves from the Christians fighting for the Reconquest.

Since the Muslim period, the defence of Al-Andalus became a primary objective and that is the reason why castles were built in fortifications located in strategic places. Most of them are over six centuries old, witnesses of the Middle Ages, built by the Arab population to defend themselves from the Christians fighting for the Reconquest.

Utrera’s Chapel of Our Lady of Carmen belongs to the Salesian School, the oldest of the congregation in Spain (1881).

The Hacienda de Montefuerte, located in Navarro Caro Street, now houses the José María Delgado Buiza Municipal Library. This 17th-century Hacienda was a typical olive-growing estate. The Patio de Caballerizas (Mews) is located in the centre of the estate, around which the original buildings were arranged.