It began to be built as a manor house in the 16th century. It originally belonged to the Paiba family and later to the Counts of Corbos and the Counts of Miraflores. It was in 1901 when it became the property of Regla Manjón Mergelina, the Countess of Lebrija, who carried out a restoration and fitted it out to house antiques.
The theatre is just a stone's throw from the Italica Archaeological Site and was built during the time of Augustus and restored in 2014. It was built in three stages between 30 and 37 A.D. Later, during the 60's and 80's A.D., major renovations were made to the semicircular façade and the stage.
The Roman city of Italica is found in the Lower Guadalquivir, halfway between Seville (Hispalis) and Alcalá del Río (Ilipa), in what is now Santiponce, very close to the routes that communicated with the mining area of the Seville’s Sierra Morena and Huelva. It played an important strategic role during the High Roman Empire in both the political-military and economic spheres.
The "Cotidiana Vitae" Theme Centre recreates different parts of the Roman city of Italica and allows visitors to travel back in time to learn about the lives and customs of the Roman Empire. The visit allows visitors to travel to the second century A.D. and to walk through different public and private areas of a Roman city.